1. Brilliant Trading Co (1974) Ltd. is a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC). As such, we commit to proving, through independent third-party verification, that we:
a. respect human rights according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and International Labour Organization Fundamental Rights at Work;
b. do not engage in or tolerate bribery, corruption, money laundering or finance of terrorism;
c. support transparency of government payments and rights-compatible security forces in the extractives industry;
d. do not provide direct or indirect support to illegal armed groups;
e. and enable stakeholders to voice concerns about the jewellery supply chain.
f. are implementing the OECD 5-Step framework as a management process for risk based due diligence for responsible supply chains of minerals from conflict- affected and high-risk areas.
2. We will neither tolerate nor profit from, contribute to, assist or facilitate the commission of:
a. torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment;
b. forced or compulsory labour;
c. the worst forms of child labour;
d. human rights violations and abuses;
e. or war crimes, violations of international humanitarian law, crimes against humanity or genocide.
3. We only sell or purchase diamonds that are fully compliant with the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme and, as such, will not tolerate direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups, including, but not limited to, procuring diamonds from, making payments to, or otherwise helping or equipping non-state armed groups or their affiliates who illegally:
a. control mine sites, transportation routes, points where diamonds are traded and upstream actors in the supply chain;
b. or tax or extort money or diamonds at mine sites, along transportation routes or at points where diamonds are traded, or from intermediaries,
export companies or international traders.
4. We commit to using our influence to prevent abuses by others. We will immediately stop engaging with upstream suppliers if we find a reasonable risk that they are committing abuses in extraction, transport or trade of diamonds or are sourcing from, or linked to, any party committing these abuses, or are linked to, any party providing direct or indirect support to non-state armed groups.
5. We affirm that the role of public or private security forces is to provide security to workers, facilities, equipment and property in accordance with the rule of law, including law that guarantees human rights. We will not provide direct or indirect support to public or private security forces that act illegally.
6. We will not offer, promise, give or demand bribes, and will resist the solicitation of bribes, to conceal or disguise the origin of diamonds, or to misrepresent taxes, fees and royalties paid to governments for the purposes of extraction, trade, handling, transport and export of diamonds.
7. We will support and contribute to efforts to eliminate money laundering where we identify a reasonable risk resulting from, or connected to, the extraction, trade, handling, transport or export of diamonds.
In order to allow company employees and all parties of interest, to raise issues about the Supply Chain Policy, we have established the procedures which, this concerns will be heard and addressed, a senior member of the management will be assigned to receive and assess the eligibility of the complaint.